I actually was not planning on posting a cake recipe since I had done so many in the past, but of course, the one time I don’t do it, people want the recipe. I ended up typing the recipe and e-mailing it to a lot of people. So now, I am posting the recipe so many other people can enjoy the super tasty and incredibly easy chai spice cake recipe. The cake is a chai spice cake with a vanilla cinnamon heavy glaze. This cake takes very little time and will produce a light cake with a kick sure to please.Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- Less than ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tps nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch pan.
- Mix/sift dry ingredients together
- Mix wet ingredients together then pour and stir into dry ingredients until “just mixed.”
- Pour batter into pan and pop in oven for 25-30 minutes or until knife comes out cleanly.
Quick note, a glaze is basically just a different type of frosting for baked goods. It runs and can be light and drippy to heavy depending on what milk/cream is used. If making a heavy glaze, be quick about putting it on the cake! Once it gets off the stove, it will harden quickly, so be sure that the cake is nice and cool and ready for the glaze.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk (make more “chai-y,” brew chai tea or use chai concentrate and use same measurement)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
In 1-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in all remaining ingredients until smooth. Spread Chai Glaze over top of cooled cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
NOTE: all of the spices are to taste. I was a little cautious on the amounts, but I like to spice mine like crazy so if you do, too, go for it! If not, these measurements are all conservative. Have fun in the kitchen!